Pre-Health Links and Resources
The Pre-Health Resource Center provides resource advising for students interested in pursuing a career in Chiropractic Medicine, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Osteopathic Medicine, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Podiatry, and Veterinary Medicine.
In addition, the Pre-Professional Advisor serves as the primary advisor for students interested in pursuing a career in one of the following Allied Health fields: Cytotecnology, Dental Hygiene, Health Informatics and Management, Medical Technology, Occupational Therapy, and Respiratory Care.
BENEFITS OF UTILIZING THE PRE-HEALTH RESOURCE CENTER:
- Guest speakers and panel discussions from health science professionals and current health science students
- Opportunity to meet with admissions officials from the UT Health Science Center, the Southern College of Optometry, East Tennessee State University College of Medicine, and other health science professionals
- Opportunity for qualified students to join the UofM chapter of Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED), the Health Pre-Professional Honor Society
- Catalogs and resource information from professional schools across the country
- Assistance with the admissions application to professional school
- Information on internships, job/volunteer opportunities, scholarships, and fellowship programs
Pre-Health Student Guide is the key reference manual for University of Memphis pre-health students.It is imperative that you download and read this document as soon as possible.The Guide lists the pre-requisite courses you will need to complete for your intended professional program and addresses important issues related to being competitive for admission to professional school and the application process. To access and download the Guide, go to: Pre-Health Student Guide